Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love my job.

I have only been at this job for about a month and I already feel like I've found what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. Teaching is SO rewarding, especially in such a one-on-one setting. I love these girls. Every single one of them. Today one of my students told me that I'm the best math teacher she's ever had. She was so excited because she has an A in my class. She said she has never got an A in a math class before and she can't believe that she understands Algebra now. (By the way, her A is totally deserved. She has worked very hard to bring up her grade over the past month and I don't hand out good grades.) It was so rewarding to hear that. Helping kids learn and expand their minds and feel good about themselves is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. That is so great that you love your job...not many people can say that! How did you get into teaching...didn't you go to school for engineering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just kind of fell into teaching. I got my Engineering degree and worked as a Civil Engineer for four years and then had Samson. I wanted something part-time and my engineering job wasn't willing to accommodate that, so I got a job teaching. I never though I would like it so much, but I do! :)

    ReplyDelete